Top 5 Reasons to Buy a Home During the Holidays
Contrary to popular belief, the Holiday Season is in fact the “most wonderful time of the year” to buy a house! Past trends show that there is a tremendous slow down come the holidays. While most are out bustling and holiday shopping for presents under the tree, savvy shoppers are finding & closing escrow preparing to ring in the New Year in a new home! If you have been in the market for a new home, consider purchasing now during these next few months while the mortgage rates are still incredibly low. North San Diego County has still got some great homes listed so that you have a nice variety of options to make that shift! Will it be Carlsbad, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos? Wether you choose living by the San Elijo Hills or the Village By the Sea, there is something out here in North San Diego County for everyone!
Still Renting? According to Renew Lending,
“One of the major reasons to buy vs. renting in our current market is that many homes are available at such bargain prices, you may be paying the same amount a month (or less in some cases) for a home of your own as you are paying for renting an apartment or paying some elses’ rent by renting a home.
When you rent, that money goes to your landlord and that’s the end of the story for you. But when you own your home, you can deduct the cost of your mortgage loan interest from your federal income taxes, and usually from your state taxes (if you live in a state where you pay state taxes). You can also deduct the property taxes you pay as a homeowner. In addition, the value of your home will go up over time and as the homeowner you can benefit from the equity gain in your home in a number of different ways.
And of course one of the most important reasons of all is that it is YOUR home!”
Relocating from a far? Get in touch with a Juncal Real Estate Agent who knows North San Diego County to get personalized service through out your transition. If you can swing it, who knows what deals you might conjure? It may be the best decision you ever made and the ultimate holiday gift. “But no! Tis the holiday season,” you say! Still not convinced? Check out 5 top reasons why you should sleigh & jingle all the way into a house this season.
- Prices are Magical: Homes are priced to sell & interest rates are still low. It’s hard to pass up such a perfect combination. When everything is in your favor and you can save a few extra dollars in your pocket, it’s easy to jump full swing into the home buying spirit!
- You’re Winner: There is less competition and let’s face it, the market can get so competitive some times with multiple offers and bidding wars. Buyers are left heart wrenched after losing out on the dream home they finally found. When it comes to the biggest investment you’ll ever make in your life, this is one area it might be best you play it safe. You’ll be the champion smiling after crossing the finish line into your very own safe haven.
- Gifts from Uncle Sam: Potential Tax Advantages. Yes you best believe it! It will all depend on what your tax situation is and you will need to consult with your tax professional, but there are things that can lower your tax bill all because you purchase your home before December 31st. Things such as the home purchase costs including mortgage interest, property taxes, and points can be itemized to help bring down the bill.
- Zippy Closing Elves: It’s like Santa’s little helpers aligned forces all for you to have a fast close of escrow. Home purchases tend to happen a lot faster and smoother during the holidays because everyone is on that same mission to get the deal executed and enjoy the holiday season! Not to mention, there are usually incentives to all parties involved to complete the transaction before the New Year arrives. Lenders are eager to close their books, real estate agents are hoping for merry commissions to sweeten the season, & sellers are focused on settling in just in time to enjoy some hot cocoa and carols around the Yule log! Although it may come close, not even Grandma’s Figgy Pudding makes a more perfect recipe for a smooth and rapid closing.
- Folks are Cheery as Santa: You’ll notice that homes for sale during the holiday season tend to have more willing and motivated sellers. It also helps that people are in the holiday spirit during this time. There is something in the air that makes people more inclined to be a little more giving and to put a little more effort in being helpful. Warm winter spirits will leave you feeling toastier than frosty the snowman near a fireplace! Yes, tis the season of giving, but where one gives, one must receive. So don’t hesitate to embrace the kindness and generosity you may encounter!
I’d say it’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you all the way to your new home! How couldn’t the smell of baking holiday cookies filling the air of your new home get you in the home buying spirit?
If you’re planning to buy a home soon or in the near future, feel free to contact our office in Carlsbad Village for a complimentary consultation regarding the process and steps involved. We suggest you consult with a professional lender to obtain a pre approval to make the home buying process smoother. Renew Lending is one of our preferred lenders. Click the following link to contact Brandon Fenter at Renew Lending directly to start your Loan.
Response to "Top 5 Reasons to Buy a Home During the Holidays"